Friday, April 17, 2009

Pirate

A "fish-bit"
of an interview with my Father:
PhotobucketPhotobucket
THE TAIL Beginning the FISH:

“ I wanted to be a pirate”

My Fathers says to me, and I can hear him, spitting out the bits of tobacco from one of his camel filter less cigarettes...he is always smoking..
he takes another drag, and continues:


...."That’s what got me in to it… ...ever since I was in fifth grade….That was what I wanted most….”

“First time I saw a boat unloading fish I was with a friend of mine….I was fifteen, maybe sixteen years old…
And, I wanted to climb up the mast and dive off the top of that ..it freaked my friend out
…he was like
‘ no way…you won’t do it.”
…and I did it….

I just wanted to a part of it…in the worst way….”

What was your first trip like?

The first time I ever went fishing, the biggest piece was…I had never been out of sight of land…I had been on boats many many times…but never out of sight of land

And I got to watch it disappear….

That was my whole thing…to lose it…the land…
Watching it disappear…
I stayed right on deck….and watched it until it all disappeared.
And I don't know....it was just.... really fucking…cool...."

1 comment:

  1. stop and think about it.All the bad ,fucked up shit that has ever happened to you happened on LAND.take that into consideration next time someone offers you a ride on a boat. It makes the choice real easy

    ReplyDelete